topics


Sunday, July 18, 2021

Hitting Pause

Despite my natural setting of hopefulness and my attempt to see the silver lining regarding Pope Francis' decision to practically abrogate the Latin Mass, I find myself feeling profoundly saddened. No matter how you look at it, it's a loss to the Catholic Church. I almost titled this post, "The Burden of Being Catholic." I feel overwhelmed, drained, confused, not peaceful. 

Today is Sunday, a day of rest. I didn't sleep well last night, or enough. But the day ahead will be sunny, and the sun always revives me. We've had enough of rain. 

It's time now to shut off the noise and retreat into prayer and contemplation. Adagio. Play the music slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments brief and respectful. Personal attacks or any comments deemed inappropriate will not be published. Thank you!