topics


Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blue on Blue with a Southwest Flair

My mother-in-law lives in Albuquerque, NM, and she has gifted me with some lovely, handmade Native American jewelry, as you will see. After the following pics were taken by Beezy, I realized that I looked a bit like the American Girl doll Saige, whose story is set in Albuquerque! My mother-in-law gave this doll to Beezy for Christmas, along with two books. I have been reading the first one to her, and I think you will agree that this is where my inspiration came from!




sweater, Ann Taylor, Ebay
jeans, Gap 1969 Always Skinny
western style belt, Peebles
leather boots, Ebay
"Eye of Dragon" artwork in 2nd pic, Wayne Coryell


I have been living in these Gap skinny jeans as much a possible. They are super comfortable and flattering, and the quality is great. I have a black pair on their way! Though a girly-girl, I tend to favor something a bit rugged when it comes to boots. This water repellent, oil tanned pair that I've had for several years fit the bill and keep my feet warm and dry in this arctic weather we've been having. I wore this outfit for a visit with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, who I hosted in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments brief and respectful. Personal attacks or any comments deemed inappropriate will not be published. Thank you!