topics


Thursday, January 9, 2014

British Blogger Crush

Catherine Summers, Not Dressed As Lamb

Wednesday I spent way too much time looking for a blog to give me renewed style inspiration. Cara Loren is great, but I need a muse closer to my age. I would never wear sweats, for example, with the word DOPE in big letters down one pant leg. Finally, I found someone who had listed her favorite blogs by women over 40, and I fell in love with Catherine Summers of Not Dressed As Lamb. I adore her red hair, pattern mixing, and creative use of bright colors.

www.notdressedaslamb.com

If you have been following me for some time, you may remember when I said that I wanted to be an eccentric British woman living in the country. Or dress like one at least. Catherine lives in the South West of England (Devon) and is a 41-year-old freelance writer and style blogger. She is a former Londoner turned small town girl. Yep, she's my cup of tea!! The quintessential wild English rose.

Those of you who personally know me will have no doubt that I will be able to mix the French aesthetic of minimalist classics put together in unique ways with the more whimsical and colorful English tendencies. After all, the essential wardrobe encourages mixing and matching your pared down items, paying attention to accessories, le no makeup look, and casual but always pulled together chic. You can be understated yet with a bold nod to fantastical fun. And I think that when it comes to evening wear, the French and the English both bring it on with grand panache.

http://www.notdressedaslamb.com/2013/11/what-to-wear-to-office-christmas-party.html#.Us7blrQSje0

Don't you just love Catherine Summers?! She says that her hair is very gray, so it is easy to color it red. I have always wanted to be a redhead, so maybe with my increasingly silver tresses, it is time to give it a whirl! Make sure you stop by Not Dressed As Lamb. Click on the "Outfits" category at the top of the page and enjoy viewing tons of great looks for this time of year, and in preparation for the spring to come!! I am certain you will be inspired...